Big changes in logistics. As many of you know, we have had occasional hiccups in getting orders out as both Alison and I work full-time jobs. We have not been happy about this situation and have been working behind the scenes for a solution. Quite a few options were looked into, including hiring an employee directly (big issues about accountability and responsibility), going full-retail (insufficient cashflow as yet) and finally, a 3rd party logistics company doing our shipping.
We decided to go with a 3rd party after we weighed and received quotes for all the other options. Thus, as of July 1, 2008 we will be working with a 3rd party logistics company based in Delta, BC who will do our shipping for us. This has some profound impacts on our business (most good!) which include:
- shipping daily via Canada Post
- fixed, 5 day a week local pick-up location
- more regular, up-to-date information on the site with regard to order status
- fixed ‘cut-off’ times for order changes
- no gift-wrapping (this might be reintroduced in Nov/Dec if we are able to do so)
In the short-term, this means:
- we will not be restocking until at least July 1, 2008 (to make the shift easier)
- pre-orders will be stopped. A new system for customers to express interest in games will be created.
- business as usual for all other orders