Starlit Citadel is looking for a full-time retail store manager that will drive sales and attendance at the retail store while keeping expenses in-check. Store manager responsibilities will include supervising assistant store managers, purchasing, merchandising and some customer service. As a small business, we require a high degree of flexibility in all applicants.
- Develop business strategies to raise our customers’ pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability
- Meet sales goals by hiring, training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to employees
- Conduct personnel performance appraisals to assess training needs and build career paths
- Ensure high levels of customers satisfaction through excellent service
- Work with Warehouse Manager to ensure timely and satisfactory fulfillment of all online orders and inquiries
- Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Contribute to Social Media presence and building the company brand
- Weekly purchasing of products from distributors and communication with distributors and publishers
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Report on buying trends, customer needs, profits, etc.
- Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances, etc)
- Be a shining example of well behavior and high performance
- Prepare, pack equipment, travel to and set up material at various conventions in Western Canada
- Additional store manager duties as needed
- Prior experience as a retail manager
- Customer management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Board Games and Board Game industry an asset
- Knowledge of Magic the Gathering an asset
- Valid Driver’s License an asset
Contact us at email@example.com with why you’d like to work for Starlit Citadel and your resume. Salary is dependent on experience.