The Spiel des Jahres (German Game of the Year) for 2016 is: Codenames
The Kinderspiel des Jahres (the German Expert Game of the Year) is: Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King
and the Kinderspiel des Jahres (the Children’s Game of the Year) isL My First Stone Age
We’re getting a restock of Codenames very soon, and the remainder all are in-stock right now.
The Spiel des Jahres and Kennerspiel des Jahres juries have announced their nominations for the most prestigious awards for excellence in game design in the world, in terms of publicity and generated sales. For those who don’t know, the Spiel des Jahres is one of the most prestigious board game awards in the world but it often trends towards ‘lighter’ family games especially in recent years. To provide a more ‘gamer games’ award, the Kennerspiel des Jahres was created which is why you’ll find ‘heavier’ games in that list.
The nominees for the 2016 Spiel des Jahres, Germany’s “Game of the Year” award, are
- Codenames designed by Vlaada Chvatil, and published by Czech Games.
- Imhotep, designed by Phil Walker-Harding, and published by Thames & Kosmos.
- Karuba , designed by Rudiger Dorn, and published by HABA.
Nominations for the Kennerspiel des Jahres are:
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 designed by Matt Leacock and Rob Daviau, and published by Z-Man Games. (By the way, there’s one more print run of this game before it goes OOP).
- T.I.M.E. Stories designed by Manuel Rozoy, and published by Asmodee & Space Cowboys.
- Isle of Sky: From Chieftain to King designed by Andreas Pelikan and Alexander Pfister, and published by Mayfair Games & Lookout Games.